Forum Home Login Register Search FAQ
Author Topic: Unable to locate license assembly
Ronald Cook Unable to locate license assembly
on 2007-02-08 (EDT)
I have NetAdvantage 2006 Vol 3.  In my Win app, I add the Infragistics
controls to the toolbox.  Butm when I drag a control onto a form, I get the
error:

Failed to create component... unable to locate license assembly.

Anybody know what to do?

Thanks,
Ron

P.S. Attached is the full error box.

Message was originally posted to infragistics.products.netadvantage.windowsforms.general

error.jpg
Tim Hitchings [Infragistics] Unable to locate license assembly
on 2007-02-08 (EDT)
Try re-installing NetAdvantage.
 If that doesn't work contact support.

 Tim Hitchings
 Director, Developer Support Services
 Infragistics, Inc.

 FYI, reminder, these peer-to-peer groups are to share issues and ideas with other Infragistics users.  If you require a response from Infragistics please use our support form http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Protected/SubmitSupportIssue.aspx.

 ==============

   I have NetAdvantage 2006 Vol 3. In my Win app, I add the Infragistics
 controls to the toolbox. Butm when I drag a control onto a form, I get the
 error:

 Failed to create component... unable to locate license assembly.

 Anybody know what to do?

 Thanks,
 Ron

 P.S. Attached is the full error box.

 Message was originally posted to infragistics.products.netadvantage.windowsforms.general

 [infragistics.products.netadvantage.windowsforms.general]
Ryan Mueller Re: Unable to locate license assembly
on 2007-12-18 (EDT)
I looked for a solution to this all day yesterday, and finally figured out
how to fix this for myself. Re-installed VS 2005 and Infragistics at least 3
times and that did nothing for me.

My setup is Vista 64, VS 2005 and Infragistics 7.2.

My fix was to download SubInACL from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E8BA3E56-D8FE-4A91-
93CF-ED6985E3927B&displaylang=en

And create a .cmd file with the following contents (You may need to change
the first line if you are not running a 64-bit OS):

cd /d "%programfiles% (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
subinacl /subkeyreg
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Infragistics /grant=administrators=f /grant=users=f /grant=
system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Infragistics.License /grant=administrators=f /grant=users=f
 /grant=system=f

Then double click the file to run it. For some reason permissions weren't
correctly set for the Infragistics registry keys to access them during
design time.

Hope this helps someone.

$26fc29ba$a628@news.infragistics.com...